Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sweetness

A few posts ago I wrote about a blog that I read that made me cry like a baby. Well, I have been obsessed with the blog ever since and I check it daily. Today is the first "luni"versary (one month) of when baby Maddie passed away and on the blog today Kellie wants to see pictures in honor of her baby. Well, I really had no idea that would be today's post but I am so excited because I got the inspiration of Morgan's new room decor from pictures I saw of Maddie's room -- pink and black (I am SO over pink and brown).

I'm not totally finished yet, but here is the sneak peek.

I made all of the bedding except for the dog. It was so easy and I bought all material at Joann's with their 50% off coupons. We bought the rocking chair at a garage sale for $1 and I painted it white and reupholstered the seat. Super easy fix and super cheap! Then I took a black basket we had and painted the middle white. Now it holds Morgan's books so she can pick what she wants to "read" while sitting in her chair.
This is my love today. She was driving her bike and she wrapped one of her towels around her like it was a scarf. I love this fit-throwing spice cake and I am so so so grateful I can cuddle and kiss her today.
Anyway, I don't know if Kellie will read this, but her blog has really touched me. I know things like this happen to people every day, but her story has been the one that I can't stop reading. I wish her and her family the best and I thank her for the reminder not to take my baby for granted. Again, if you want to read it, http://kandjstaats.blogspot.com/.

5 comments:

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

I honestly can't think of anything worse than losing a child.

Morgan's room looks really cute! You are so talented!

Ogden Family said...

Adorable room! I love redecorating.
Heather

The Knudsen Family said...

Morgan's room looks so cute. You did such a great job. I wish I could make things like that but I am so not talented. While I was looking at your pics Boston came in and said "Oh mom look at those decorations" He thought Morgans room looked pretty good too.

Natalie said...

Holy crap, friend, when did you get so stinking crafty and all Martha Stewart on me? Well, I had to read that blog when you posted about it and I stopped after I couldn't read it anymore because I was crying so much. Oh, I never want to know how THAT feels!

Anubha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.