Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Curve Ball

So we are completely under contract with the house I posted yesterday.  But there is now a curve ball.  We may have the opportunity to buy back our old house for $25k less than we sold it (and it is worth about $20k more than that with the market appreciating).

There is a price difference in the two houses, but we could afford either.  I am at a loss as to what to do.  I love our old house.  I love my friends there and how close it is to the freeway, water park, and pretty much everything -- but it is far enough away from everything too.  

I would paint inside for sure, so I would get to "fix up" a house either way.  The other one is closer to family and most shopping.  And although the price difference is not a problem, it is nice to save more money every month.  Our old house has more potential for value (from an investment standpoint).  

What would you do?  Help!?

Monday, March 26, 2012

Moving On

So much has been happening around here! I'll tell you about one of them today...

To preface this, the house we are living in is going to auction in April and most likely won't be sold to an investor but will go back to the bank.  That means that we will eventually be asked to move.  We've known it all along so this is no surprise.

We made an offer on a house and received a verbal acceptance.  It's an REO (bank owned) and an awesome deal  behind Target and the YMCA.  It's really an awesome location.  The neighborhood is nice too.  The house is 3300 square feet, 4 beds, 3 bath, and screams 1998 (which is cool because that's when I graduated from high school).  Okay, the 1998 part is why I'm so excited about it.  I can't wait to remodel it!  Here it is!  I'll let you know if we really end up buying it.
I'd really love a claw foot tub here.  We'll see how possible that is.

I'm thinking white wainscoting with light gray walls on top, new carpet, and spray paint that gold chandelier.

Maybe white cabinets, white bead board, and stainless steel appliances. 

Mostly this room just needs paint.  I want either gray or ivory.  Ant that mantle will be white.

Can anyone else see the potential here?!