Sunday, March 20, 2011

Las Vegas... Again

It's funny, the two places I swore I'd never live were Boise, Idaho (rural Idaho was never ever an option) and Las Vegas, Nevada (also, rural Nevada never was and never will be an option). As you know, we live in Boise... and the place we visit most (that isn't family oriented) is Las Vegas. I have been there at least every 6 months for the past few years.

This weekend we went for another business trip. We went because Tom is pretty smart, especially with marketing, and one of his business friends (who I like very much) invited him to come and speak to his top 5 sales guys. We stayed in a very nice suite in The Palazzo. On Friday a limo picked us up to take us to the Bellagio to look around and watch the water show, then to dinner at Mon Ami Gabi (it's a steak house and I decided to order the filet, which I know is a very good cut of beef, but I really wanted a hamburger over a steak. I still wish I got the burger. Next time...). We also went to the Las Vegas sign. I don't know if I'd ever seen it before. I know I have several times in movies, but in real life I'm not sure. I'm guessing not though because when we got there I was surprised at how small it is.

Here we are at the Las Vegas sign.
Saturday I hung out with my friend Kim and her family while Tom did his presentation. She helped me pick out some new shirts that I think I need but probably just want. Then I got "baptized by Jimmersion" (don't give me credit for the saying -- totally a Kim-ism) and watched the first few minutes of the BYU basketball game with them before dinner.

Today we came home. Nana and Papa watched Morgan for us. You're probably thinking, "Wow, they left her again? What horrible parents." I know! But I swear, this is the last time for a while. Everything just happened to be right around the same time.

Thanks Michael and Nancy for the trip. And thanks Jo Ann and Ron for watching M.

No comments: