Saturday, March 26, 2011

Feng Shui and Turquoise

I have been taking this home staging course from the fabulous Karen Schaefer, founder of the Association of Property Scene Designers. Tom knows her from a business thing that he attends a few times a year and when he hooked us up recently, I couldn't have been more excited. Since I just got my real estate license, I'm going to be marketing myself as the home staging "expert." So I figured I better learn some things about home staging.

I rearranged my living room so it is more feng shui (at least my version of feng shui, because I still don't totally understand the entire Asian meaning -- or if it is supposed to be capitalized).
I got some inspiration from a fun new interior design blog, Kreyv (you should check it out and follow it and "like" it on FB). The next two photos are of my new fireplace decor. It's kind of an awkward thing so I did the best I could. The pictures in the frames were just the ones that were already in the frames, I will be changing them all to color when I get there on my check list. I'll also be framing a turquoise fabric (read on to learn more about that obsession). Anything suggestions on what I can do to make it better?

I have also been doing a lot of thrift/garage sell shopping so I can make my own furniture (kind of). I'm so excited about these babies I got at DI for $4 each! They are from a smoking home, which is not ideal, but that is an easy fix. I'm thinking of going turquoise with them. I'm in love with the color turquoise right now. I even want to get a piano and paint it turquoise. It would be so amazing when finished and accessorized, but I digress. Back to these chairs. I'm thinking of painting the wood either white (ideal with turquoise), cream (ideal with my living room, just in case they went in there to visit), or dark brown (also goes with the living room but I think I want lighter) and reupholstering the cushions in a cool turquoise print. What do you think?
Well, that is what I've been up to lately. It's so much fun!

2 comments:

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

You've been busy! Looks good! Have you looked at House of Turquoise? I love that blog!

Thanks for the shout out!

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

I have. It's pretty amazing and I love it too!