Tuesday, July 5, 2011

More Before/Afters and a Complete Living Room

It's only been two years and two months, but I have finally decorated my living room the way I want it. It took a little sweat and some tears (okay, not really tears), but it's done! Here's what I did...

I found this coffee table at the DI for $20 and I negotiated it down to $15 (I know what you're thinking... I negotiated at the DI... and I'm okay with that!). Then I sanded it and threw on some primer and ivory spray paint on the bottom and the darkest brown that Lowes had for the top. I also put some antiquing glaze on the ivory to give it some personality. I'm loving this piece! I found this shiny gold lamp at a garage sale for $5. I don't know about you, but I don't like shiny gold so I bought some espresso metallic paint at Hobby Lobby and covered the gold. Then I did some antiquing with the same glaze I used for the coffee table. I love these results too!






So here is my finished living room. I really really really love it now (have I mentioned LOVE?).





This is a view from the table.

I had this doily that my mom's neighbor made for our wedding and at the time I wasn't sure what to do with one. I thought they were outdated, but now I know I was wrong. I think it goes perfectly with the "antique" table. Oh I could just kiss it!







1 comment:

The Parker Family said...

I love you living room it looks amazing you did an awesome job.