Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Day

Since we were alone (as far as family goes) in Idaho this Memorial day I wasn't sure what there was for us to do. We spent most of the day cleaning the house and Tom fixed a drain that took hours longer than he was planning. That evening we did get invited to a bar-b-que at our neighbor's house. This is the kind of house/yard that makes you realize there will always be something better than yours -- and I was very grateful. I got a lot of inspiration from their plants, pots, furniture, pool slide, and other decorations. They also heat their pool so Morgan got to go swimming even though the temperature outside was in the 60's.

This ended up being the best picture of the day -- stupid camera battery. It was just before the swim party.

That night we purchased some flowers to put around our tree. I planted them on Tuesday with Morgan running around and picking them up and throwing them. Let's just say I wasn't very patient. Some people really love gardening and planting flowers. I learned that I am not one of them. Not one bit. It was like pulling teeth, only worse. Here's to perennials next year and forever more!

3 comments:

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

Not really into yard work, myself! The important thing is that you look really cute in that hat!

The Knudsen Family said...

That sounds like a good day. I also hate planting flowers. My mom is constantly trying to get me to buy flowers and plan but I don't see the use. They always end up dying even when I don't really need to do anything to keep them alive. That's how bad I am, I can kill almost any plant around.

hapi said...

Hi Kelli, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog