Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Denver

I've been trying for days to upload pictures from my Denver trip and I finally googled help (obviously blogging wasn't priority). Troubleshooting told me to try to do it in Internet Explorer instead of Chrome, and guess what... it worked! You are dead to me, Chrome. (Okay, we'll talk later).

So, Denver was pretty great. I stayed at the Sheraton on 16th Street Mall. It's this street downtown with great shopping and there are pianos set between the lanes of the street so anyone that wants to be creative can play. Now, y'all know I love me a painted piano, so you can imagine my excitement when I saw these.I went running outside one of the days after the conference and found this great running path along a creek. It was kind of like the Greenbelt or Provo River Trail, only the river was the size of the Lazy River at Seven Peaks and as deep as the kiddie pool. But, water's water.

I ended my run at the state capitol. That statue in front is dedicated to the Colorado soldiers who died in the Civil War. There were 4,900 volunteers from Colorado (population 25,000ish) and it wasn't even a state yet! Interesting, I know!


The conference (seminar) was about home staging and marketing your business. It really motivated me in a lot of ways. One was to be more organized with my time. New goal: exercise by 7:15am so I can be ready for the day when Morgan wakes up. Then I'll be able to get my business work done (for the four that I'm working on) during her nap time.


You want to hear a few of the things I learned that impacted me?


1. You are the average of the top 5 people you hang around. So basically, you are probably richer than two of the 5 people you hang around most and poorer than two (money is just an easy example). Who do you want to be?... With whom are you surrounding yourself?


2. Leverage time, money expertise and people. You can usually get more accomplished if you have some help. For example, if you don't know how to recarpet a house and you're doing a rehab project, hire someone who does. It will save you time and frustration (and help someone else out).


3. Under promise and over deliver. People will love you and your work.


4. Utilize the front and BACK of a business card. The back of a card is great real estate that should be taken advantage of.


5. If you are going to someone's house to stage or for a consult to sell (as an agent), take a pair of inside shoes. This shows respect for their house. Granted, this is not one of the biggest things I learned, but I like it because it is a simple thing that makes a big impression.


Okay, now take these and find a way to use them in your daily lives -- if you're still reading this. Haha!

2 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

That sounds like a fun trip and that you learned a lot of good stuff. Hope you had a great time.

Andrea said...

Glad you had a fun trip, thanks for passing on the thing you learned!