Monday, June 27, 2011

We're Up!

Last year one of my New Years Resolutions was to start a business. I had everything finished from my end by the end of the year so I claimed to have reached that goal, but now I can officially say that we are up and running!

How-to-make-hair-bows.com is the website. We sell a group of instructional videos and pdf manuals that teach how to make all kinds of hair bows (and they are all super cute!). The cost for the package is $27 and buyers get instant access to the videos -- no waiting for a DVD!

If you click on the link and go to the site you will see a video that starts playing that shows examples of some of the bows. That was a project I just finished and I'll break it down to my amateur abilities. First I took all of the pictures of the bows that either I or my friend, Sarah, made. Then I put them together as a slide video. Then I did a voice over and decided that I needed some music to go with. So I looked for royalty free music and decided that I would rather play my own music than buy royalty free (hey, the business has a minimal budget right now) so I made up this song on the piano and recorded myself playing it. Then I edited the song so you can only notice a mistake or two and I put it as background music on the video, rendered it, then sent it to our smart guy who put it on the website.

There are a few tweaks that need to be made, but right now things are good to go.

And the best news... we got our first sale last night! Hip, hip, hooray!

If you don't mind helping me out, I'd really appreciate it if you "liked" our facebook page.

I'm not asking you to buy the program, but if you want to learn how to make the bows, it will teach you how (and you know where to find me if you have a question).

3 comments:

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

Good for you! That is awesome!

Ogden Family said...

Great job! You are a go getter! Beautiful bows and fun website. Good luck,
Heather

Collette said...

How exciting!!! LOVE your site~