Sunday, December 13, 2009

Welcome Back, Body!

I finally did it. Seven and a half months after Morgan was born (and 5 1/2 months after my original goal) I lost all of the baby weight... That is 40 pounds, by the way.

I worked my butt off (literally) and ate very cleanly for the past 11 weeks and dropped the last 21 pounds. Actually, I dropped 18 pounds in 8 weeks then Thanksgiving hit and I didn't worry about it that week so it took me a couple of weeks to shed the last 3.

My new goal is to maintain through the new year, then I'll decide where to go from there.

This experience has taught me something (and yes, I will share this new found wisdom with you). If I am lucky enough to get pregnant again, I will think twice about sitting down with a bag (Halloween sized) of Kit Kats or a giant bowl of cookie dough and finishing the whole thing in one sitting. That said, I'm NOT pregnant right now so I AM thinking clearly and I reserve the right to go back on this goal. However, its easier to just eat well and not have to lose 40 pounds after the baby is born.

3 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

Congratulations! That is always such a great day to reach that goal. Good work!

NickandCarly said...

Congrats! We can't wait to see you guys for Christmas!

The Wacky Wilkins said...

You know that I love you, but I totally hate you and your "I just lost weight and am back to my original 14 1/2 pounds" :) But, as I am pregnant right now and gaining every ounce you loose, I think that I can hate you a little. But you're beautiful!!