Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Fun Seasonal Events

We've had a great time getting ready for Christmas this year. I need to get pictures still but we went to a live nativity with a real camel. It was way cool. We also had a Christmas party with some people from the ward at our house. I made a marshmallow Christmas tree to go with the chocolate fountain that we had.
Our Christmas decorations outside were pretty lame. We meant to have our whole house decked out but there was no way either of us was getting on the house to put them up and when we had someone come to give us a quote it was around $500 and I thought that I'd rather give that to charity than spend it for 3 weeks of Christmas lights.
For a young women's activity we went ice skating. Morgan and I watched and played while the girls (and young men) ice skated.

We went to Tom's work party last Saturday. We took Morgan because I felt bad leaving her with a babysitter for the second time that week and she did not want to sit there and be quiet (she has this new, super fun thing where she just yells relentlessly) and listen to Russell and Garrett talk about work (or let me eat, for that matter). I took a bunch of pictures of her to kill time.

By the Christmas tree:
Oops:
By the punch bowl:

At the dinner table with daddy:

In front of the people speaking (but you can't see them well):

Watching the gift exchange:
With our gift (it's Bella but it got stolen with the White Elephant game so we ended up with Edward and Jenga -- not a bad night):
At the end of the night I was tired from standing all night and dying of thirst. Since we were the last ones there with no clean glasses, I just drank from what I could.

2 comments:

carrie said...

She is such a doll I love her eyes and facial expressions.

The Lovells said...

She is really cute girl. Some great pics.