Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Eddie IS Real, Mom!

Well, I talked to my friend with the 11-year-old daughter that we gave the letter from Santa to and apparently it was pretty magical for Mackenzie.

Tom delivered it around 9:30 by ringing the doorbell and running. Mackenzie was in bed and Angela was vacuuming in her underwear. When the doorbell rang, Angela ran to get a robe, answered the door, picked up the letter and yelled for Mackenzie.

Mackenzie read the letter and was about to cry with excitement. She called her dad and told him that he is on the naughty list. She thought that was pretty funny.

Some of the lines that Angela told me were:

"Eddie IS real, mom!" Eddie is their version of Elf on the Shelf. They would see her talking to him when she thought she was alone. From what Angela told me, Eddie was the hardest thing for Mackenzie to find out was not real.

"How did Santa know what I talked to dad about?"

"He even signed it in Old English!" Tom did the "S" in Santa and the "M" in Mackenzie in calligraphy.

Angela couldn't show anyone the letter when I was at her house because Mackenzie took it to school to show her friends! She did that two days in a row.

Tom mentioned that we probably screwed the kid up but Angela thinks that we just gave her permission to believe for one more year (she really could be mad at us for the letter but wouldn't tell me). By the way, we were trying to do it anonymously but when Angela mentioned the letter then asked if it was us, my mouth curled up and I looked away. I'm a horrible liar.

1 comment:

The Knudsen Family said...

That is cute that it made her believe in Santa for a little longer. I remember when I started realizing Santa was not real and it was a big let down. Those darn Morris boys ruined it for me. They were always telling me that he wasn't real and were showing me where their mom hid the "Santa" toys.