Sunday, December 20, 2009

Ironman!?!

Last week we had dinner with one of my old friends (and roommate/coworker/running partner), Jobecka. We were talking about running when we lived in South Carolina and how we've both run marathons and both qualified for Boston. Anyway, we're both also turning 30 next year -- which I was very content with until that night. She suggested that we both do the Boise Ironman 70.3 in June. That is a half Ironman, which means a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13.1 mile run and I totally agreed to it. The best part is that I'm excited about it. What a way to turn 30! So, unless I'm injured or pregnant, cheer me on in June.

I did a small triathlon last year. It was just a mini. That means that the swim was 500 meters, the bike was 20 kilometers, and the run was a 5k. I was one of the few that took a mountain bike instead of a road bike. It was my first one and I had no idea that mountain bikes were soooo much more heavy than road bikes. It really slowed me down but was a good workout.

5 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

Good luck to you. That will be quite the accomplishment. I tell Gary how you would run to Delta and he can't believe it. I would never be able to do this. But I know you will do great.

Susanna said...

You go girl!!

Britney said...

Go Kell! You ARE ironman. I know you can do it...you're crazy, but I know you can do it ;) Best of luck!

carrie said...

You are so awesome, you can totally do it! I can't wait to hear all about it, have fun training. I need to be more like you!

alison said...

i'll be cheering for you! you'll do great. it's always so fun to have a goal to work for!!

ps. i love that picture of morgan with santa! so darling:)