Tuesday, October 27, 2009

6 Month Stats

Morgan turned six months on Saturday. We had her doctor appointment yesterday to see how she's doing.

She weighs 13.11 pounds and is 24 1/4 inches long. Both weight and height are in the 10-25 percentile for her age so she is just a little thing. Her head circumference is in the 75th percentile. We know she's our kid because we both have big heads too. A lot of space is needed for our gi-normous brains, right?

She sits up really well. She can sit by herself without falling for at least a half hour.

She likes to watch Baby Signing Time. I had high hopes to not let the TV be her babysitter but sometimes I just need 20 minutes for a shower or to clean up and that is seriously the best way.


Morgan is such a mommy's girl. I take her to the gym and let her stay in daycare there for about an hour a few times a week. She seems to do pretty well but if I leave in the evening, she cries and cries, even with Tom. We have had one of the girls in our ward babysit a couple of times. I feel so bad for her (the babysitter) to have to stay with a crying baby. We pay her very well.

She sleeps in her crib now until around 2am. When she wakes up I am usually too tired to feed her and put her back in her crib so I just take her to my bed and sleep with my shirt off so she can eat when she wants. Sometimes a girl just needs her sleep.

This picture is one morning after Tom and I woke up- little girl in a big bed.

She can't quite roll over all the way. Her arm on the bottom still gets in the way. She is eating all kinds of food now. She really likes everything she's tried. I guess her favorites (or at least what I feed her the most) are bananas (real, mashed by mom), cereal and carrots. She loves being outside. The other day she let me run 6 miles while she was content in her jogging stroller.

4 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

What a cute little girl. That is kind of nice that she doesn't weigh too much. You don't have to break your back holding her. I think a little TV time if they will do it is ok. You do just need a few minutes every now and then to get things done. Now my boys are TV junkies though.

Susanna said...

She is so adorable! I loved Signing Time for kids. Baby Einstein entertained my babies too. A Mom really deserves that half hour. My kids will watch cartoons now if they are on, but they are fine without them too. Moderation in all things, right?? I would never accomplish anything if we didn't have TV. (We don't have a backyard:) Anyways, you have always been a running nut. There's no way I would be running a marathon prego at all! We are negotiating having another kid too, so I'll see how the year plays out. I've definitely decided that when I run a full marathon it will be at sea level. It would be SO AWESOME to do it in Hawaii, we've never been, hope it works out!!

The Parker Family said...

She's growing up so fast. She's definitly a cutie.

amber said...

Morgan is growing so fast! These pictures are great!!!! It looks like we need to get together soon so I can see that cute little girl! Sounds like you guys had a great spooky dinner party. Those eyeballs look quite interesting not sure if I could ever put something like that in my mouth! How fun!