Sunday, October 25, 2009

Halloween Preparations

I love Halloween! We have been getting into the spirit of things around here.

First of all, we got boo-ed. That means that someone unknown to us dropped off a plate of goodies on our doorstep with a poem and the "boo-ed" paper. We put the paper on our door and make treats for someone else. Then we deliver them to two separate people without them knowing who it was. Tom was the brains behind our boo. He made these cute little macaroon spiders. We delivered to the neighbor across the street and the ones next door. Unfortunately, the ones next door know it was us because that same night we went over to another neighbor's house to take some macaroons to welcome them to the neighborhood. A couple days later all three of us (the neighbors and I) were outside talking and the new neighbor thanked me for the coconut cookies. I could see everything click with the other neighbor, then she said, "I know who boo-ed us!"

Next, I volunteered to host the ward Relief Society birthday luncheon. With that responsibility comes the assignment of making the main dish. I decided to make a casserole in a pumpkin. It is something my mom made every year around this time so I thought it would be a festive thing to do and it turned out to be delicious. Unfortunately Morgan had a hard time that afternoon and I spent a lot of the time in her room trying to get her to calm down. I also watched as some of the women let their kids have free reign beating on our blinds. I waited for them to say something to their kids but they just talked over the noise. Hello people! Watch your kids! I kind of have the "you break it you buy it" policy at my house though and I would have enforced it but luckily I didn't have to. The R.S. president took control of that situation.

Last of all (for the moment), I am co-hosting a couples Halloween party at my house with a few other chicas. It is going to be the shizzle of parties and I'm so excited. Tom and I bought some jello molds, including eyeballs, a heart, a brain, and a torso of a mannequin! We practiced last night with the eyeballs. When Tom does something he goes all out. Check out these eyes!
We have to dress up as a couple for the party. We're thinking of being Dracula and Dracula's bride. I'll be sure to blog pics from that.

1 comment:

The Knudsen Family said...

That was nice of you to host that lunch. I hate when people let their kids do that. One time I had a baby shower at my house and a kid was in the back yard and threw a brick at the glass door and his mom did nothing. I was so mad. The eyeballs are pretty scarry. That will be a fun halloween party. I hope it goes well.