Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tom's Birthday Surprise Revealed

As I mentioned in Tom's Birthday spotlight blog, I had a surprise outing for his birthday. I had him come home from work early (5:20, if that's early). We dropped off Morgan at Sarah's house for the evening and I drove to our destination.

On the way, I told Tom that I needed to exchange something at Deseret Book (which was true) but as we were almost there, I parked in front of Massage Envy so we could get a COUPLES MASSAGE! It was the first massage that I got that I paid for.

Here we are in the waiting area waiting for our 60 minute massages to begin.

We had our massages in the same room with the lights low and the music relaxing. It created quite the mood. Its almost too bad there were two other people in the room... almost.

Here is Tom just after his massage. Still relaxing and just barely awake.

Here I am.

We ate at Tucano's afterward. I can hack it once every couple of years. With all that meat, its definitely a guy's restaurant.

I made Tom a birthday cake earlier that day. It was German chocolate and took me like two hours to make. I even made the frosting! The consensus: buy your German chocolate cake at Costco -- it is way better and doesn't take near the amount of time. I also made that calender/weekly schedule thing and threw it in with the new Dan Brown book as a gift.

Sarah and Justin came over with a sleeping Brinkley after we picked up Morgan from their house. They couldn't pass up German chocolate and we're so glad they came to celebrate with us.

1 comment:

The Knudsen Family said...

That is a great b-day surprise. I have thought about doing that before but have never done it. That sounds so relaxing. I am wishing right now that I was getting a nice massage.