Thursday, October 15, 2009

Lynndyl Week

We went to my parents' house for the five days following our visit with JoAnn. She got to see Grandma and Grandpa Nielson, Uncle Jackson, and Aunt Shy.






There was a Delta High football game on Wednesday night, so we went with my dad and Shyanne. That was the first day of the cold after the summer. It went from being like 90 degrees to fifty. I mostly went to see people I might know. I ran into the parents of one of my best high school friends, Kristy. It was fun to catch up with Steve and Joan. I'm pretty sure Delta won that game. Go Rabbits.

One night there was a wild windstorm. When we woke up we found that a branch had broken off of a tree and landed on the house above my parents' bedroom. Luckily it didn't do any damage. My dad cut it the rest of the way down the next morning and took it to an empty lot (which are plentiful in Lynndyl) to let it dry out and become firewood.

We went on my mom's bus run with her on Friday so I could see all the kids that she'd been talking about. One little girl on the elementary run looked at Morgan and said, "I'd sure like to hold that baby." Of course she was rolling a ball of Laffy Taffy in her hands. I told her, "well, your hands are sticky so maybe next time." To which she replied after a thoughtful pause, "I can wash them with spit."

My mom told me about a boy on the bus that is 14 years old. He looks quite a bit like Jackson. He gets on the bus and gives everyone five. One of the other boys was being a jerk and wouldn't give him five so the kid turns around and says to my mom, "I can't believe someone as cool as me is related to someone like him." Ha ha. Only a cool kid would say that.

That night we celebrated Jackson's birthday. Mom made enchiladas and I made a homemade carrot cake for Jacks. It was super good.

Of course I didn't pack any socks for Morgan so she had to borrow some of Shy's. This picture (left) shows the smallest that I could find.

When Morgan was born my dad bought a shirt that says, "My Grandpa Rides A Harley" from the Harley Davidson store in Idaho. It is a size 6 month so it mostly fits Morgan now. We took some pictures of them on his bike. Poor Morgan was so sleepy. We didn't really get a good picture with her smiling but there are some funny ones.

Also, Friday night was my sister's and dad's daddy daughter date. It was a cowboy theme so they dressed up in their "costumes" and went to the church.

They took us to the airport on Saturday (Oct. 3rd). On our way we stopped at my house in Provo. Below is a picture of the living room where there used to be a desk. In another room there was an empty spot where a LoveSac used to be. Apparently, the property management company that I hired got some pretty shady people to clean it. I guess "clean" means take everything of any value. That's good to know. A word of warning, readers. Don't do business with Total Property Management.

If anyone wants a house in Provo, I'll totally sell for a great deal. You know you want one.

1 comment:

The Knudsen Family said...

Fun. I am so jealous. I feel like I haven't been home forever. I haven't been to a Delta football game for years. That is fun that you got to talk to Joan and Steve. That is nice that you got to spend some time with your family especially since Tom was not home. It is never fun to be home alone.