Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Years Resolutions 2011

I love making new goals. There is just something exciting about picking some things to work on throughout the year and accomplishing them. I have been thinking about this for a long time and I am going to...


1. Read the Bible. I read this book for book club called "The Year of Living Biblically." It was an interesting read and so I decided to make this my year of "reading Biblically." I have read the New Testament but haven't ever finished the Old Testament (it's been hard to get past Leviticus). I, however, do reserve the right to skip the "begat" parts.


2. Get published. I realize this one doesn't fully depend on me, but I will have to write the book/books and send to the publishers.


3. Lose 10-15 pounds. Yeah, the holidays weren't very good to me. To do that I will continue to exercise but will eat fewer calories. I was thinking of running another marathon but then I decided that I don't really want to deal with the hassle of signing up, paying, getting a hotel, transportation, etc. so I'm not making that a New Years Resolution -- but it is still an option.


4. I got into couponing last year so I have decided that for my charity goal I am going to get as many of the free/super cheap things (i.e. free toothpaste or deodorant) I can and donate them. I will keep a running total on retail value so I can see how much couponing actually saves me. Hopefully the end result will be above a thousand dollars.

5. Limit T.V. watching to one show per day for me and one for Tom.

6. And there was something else so I'll have to edit this when I remember.

1 comment:

Collette said...

Can I guess what your #6 is? I think you are amazing and it is fun to hear your goals!!! Let me know about your site on hair bows:) Happy New Year!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your family pics~