Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Meeting Formerly Known As Enrichment

I got a new calling at church (which I'm super happy about. I was the primary chorister and let's just say that wasn't my favorite). Now I am over enrichment, or what used to be enrichment and is now "Relief Society Meetings" or something. I'm not even sure. Anyway, I don't have a committee yet so I planned the Christmas party with the 1st counselor. We decided to do dinner and crafts. We also had to set up, decorate, bring food, and clean up (more people brought food and cleaned up so don't think I did it all). It was a fun night but I now realize why our ward hasn't done crafts since I've been in it -- it's a lot of work! Luckily I had some great crafters help out (thanks Michelle and Renee!).

We didn't have a budget for decorations so I made some things to go on the tables but let's be honest, as much as you decorate a basketball court in a church built in 1960, it's still a basketball court in a church built in 1960.
Here are some of the crafters. Making hair bows...Nativity silhouettes on glass blocks...and advent calenders. Thanks to everyone who helped out. I am supposed to send thank you cards but I probably won't so please consider this a thank you.

2 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

I have this same calling in our ward and I am currently planning our Christmas Dinner. It is on Wednesday. Your table decorations look great and are actually about what I am using but mine are all silver. Let me know if you have any great ideas for meetings. I am having a hard time planning ours for next year.

Amber said...

why in the world haven't we been getting together all this time to craft?
and i wouldn't like being primary chorister either :)