Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Prom Night!

There's this new place in Boise called Mystique. It's a place to go for dinner and a magic show. Only a group of 18 or fewer people can go at one time.
Anyway, Tom and I weren't sure the market in Boise was conducive to a place like Mystique so we bought VIP tickets and got our good friends, Angela and Kim, to go with us before they close down due to lack of patrons.
I have a couple of my high school dance dresses hanging in my closet so I told Angela that we should dress up in them when we go. I gave her my homecoming dress and I wore my prom dress -- which still fits, yeah!
So there we were, all 1997-ish, I with my puff sleeves (Anne of Green Gables would be proud), Angela in a dress that I still think is cool, and we went on our date.
It was so great. We had a 5 star, four course dinner. Tom and I had crab encrusted fillet (I'm drooling for some now). After dinner -- oh, we were the only ones in our room this session -- our magician magically appeared and put on a fantastic show.
It really was so much fun. I hope they stay in business. If you live or are ever in Boise you need to go to Mystique and Epi's. Those are my two musts to do here.

4 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

That sounds like such a fun night. You look so pretty. I am jealous that your prom dress still fits. I definetly could not get back in mine.

Susanna said...

The coolest part is that you still fit into your prom dress!! I'm jealous!

The Kolste Family said...

You are always doing fun stuff! Its funny that you mentioned to put you on my friends list. I'm just lazy and haven't done it. I need to clean out my list. Half of the links don't work anyway. I will do it though. It will save time anyway, since I always go to susanna's to get to yours!

ericksonzone said...

How fun! That's great that your dresses still fit. I'm loving the puff sleeves. :)