Thursday, July 1, 2010

Grandma's Funeral

My grandma, Camille, passed away last week so Morgan and I drove back (we were down there for Father's Day the weekend before too) to Utah to be with the family (Tom's boss didn't want him to go because they had a big meeting on the day of the funeral -- another issue entirely). Grandma wasn't doing well for the last 6 weeks of her life. After she was taken to Utah Valley and transferred to the Delta care center she kept going down hill and couldn't remember who people were or why she was there. She kept telling my family members that she was talking to other family members and friends who had passed away. She had to have someone with her constantly. Anyway, she wasn't who she would want to be. On the day she died she was with a nurse who was putting a bandage on her foot and she took two deep breaths and passed away. They were so surprised because her body was strong and usually their clients show signs that death is near so they can call family members. Grandma wasn't like that. She just went when she was ready. No use waiting for everyone else. I'm very happy for her. I got to give her eulogy and some memories during the funeral. I will post that later, even though it's long.

This is Morgan's new forward facing car seat and how she sat in it for quite a bit of the trip.
These are pics of the viewing. I got to help decorate the mortuary and dress her for the viewing. It was therapeutic. I'm not posting a picture of her in the casket but she looked so good.

This is my grandpa, Keith, in the line for the viewing.


No comments: