Sunday, March 28, 2010

Medium

I don't know what it was about being in Phoenix almost a month ago but it made me have this intense desire to watch the show "Medium" (it takes place in Phoenix and is about a medium -- hence the name). I had seen the first three seasons so we went to the video store to rent season four. They didn't have it so I settled with season five (I know you should never watch shows out of order but you don't understand this insatiable need to watch the show). We watched it every night that week and it was great. Then I started having dreams that I was a medium and I would dream about a murder and then wake up and feel like I should tell someone so they could stop it. Since I'm definitely NOT a medium myself, I easily discarded the dream as totally subconscious awareness of too much of a good show. However, I did do a little research. It turns out that the show is about the real life of a woman, Allison Dubois, from Phoenix. She has also written books about her experiences -- which took me to the library.

I checked out "Don't Kiss Them Goodbye," by Allison Dubois and have been reading it here and there. It's really cool because I have been taking my knowledge of the spirit world (that I learn about with my religion) and comparing it to her book. It turns out that I am a total believer in mediums (or psychics, if you don't know what a medium is). I really believe that some people are seers (in a non-prophet way, besides THE prophet, obviously) and can communicate with those who have passed on. Also, she talks about how to be a good medium you have to practice and make yourself better. It reminds me of something I learn at church about hiding your candle under a bushel.

Anyway, weird post, I know, but I guess it is a little testimony about how God gives each of us talents and we can either bury them or use them and make them better. On a side note, I'm glad I'm not a medium because I already get scared of the dark. I couldn't imagine seeing dead people in the dark -- or seeing murders from the eyes of the killer or victim like Allison Dubois.

No comments: