Sunday, March 14, 2010

Good News For The Riches

I have wonderful news (for Tom and me anyway). Morgan finally slept all night! Okay, maybe she didn't sleep all night but at least we didn't hear her crying (if she did cry) so at least we slept all night. She was in a different position when I checked on her (still sleeping) at 5:30, then at 6. Finally she woke up at 7:30 (8:30 with the time change) and I was elated.

I have been having middle-of-the-night Touretts where I start swearing every time she wakes up. Before you judge, let me tell you that for almost 11 months she has awoken on average 3 times every night, which means that I have been awakened that much, which leads to a very tired and exhausted Kelli who swears in the middle of the night.

I actually have a post from when Morgan was around 3 months old that says she slept through the night... and she did for a 3 month old. I think one night she slept from 11pm until 4am. Well, for an 11 month old, that is not okay and besides, it only happened one or two times months ago.

We decided a few nights ago to let her cry it out. I have to ween her in a couple of weeks anyway so she shouldn't need food in the middle of the night. Anyway, we did let her cry it out two nights ago with me checking on her every 10 minutes while she would cry and just laying her back down. I hope I can stay strong because it is hard for me to listen to my baby cry and not pick her up and cuddle her. Maybe she'll sleep through the night again. Please, please, please.

1 comment:

The Knudsen Family said...

That is hard to let them cry it out but so worth it in the end. We've had to do it a couple of times because it seems like things happen and they get out of their sleeping habits. Good luck and keep at it.