Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I'm Feeling WICKED

For Mother's Day, Tom surprised me with breakfast (eggs benedict) in bed. He also told me of his plan for us to see WICKED, which is in Boise until Sunday. About a year ago a bunch of people in my ward decided to purchase their tickets at a group discount price of $60 per ticket. We decided not to get them because we weren't sure if we would even live here. Well, fast forward the entire year and the musical is now at the Morrison Center and we are still here. I thought it would be nice to go, then we realized tickets are being sold now $240 for the nice seats. Okay, if you've read my blog at all you know that I do not A) pay retail, B) spend over $500 (including babysitter) for a few hours of entertainment, or C) pass up a stellar deal if it is something I want and will use.

So Tom's present to me worked out very well. He called the Morrison Center earlier in the week to ask about tickets and found out that every day they do a lottery and sell a handful of tickets for $25 each. Super. I was definitely willing to gamble going to the musical for that price. Tom took Morgan to the MC at 5pm this afternoon and put our names on the lottery list. At 5:30 our names were drawn and Tom bought our tickets. He did upgrade for $15/ticket to get some of the best seats in the house. We ended up in row G (see map below), which is in the front 1/4 of the orange section B. It was perfect and such a fun Mother's Day present for a great price.
Now, since we have already done it and you won't be taking our tickets, feel free to use our frugality and enter the lottery. Just remember that you have to be there before 5:30 and you still might not get tickets.

No comments: