Sunday, April 24, 2011

Morgan's 2nd Birthday

Today we celebrated the two most important occasions for us -- Easter and Morgan's birthday. We were in Utah helping my mom paint her house for spring break, which was also 10 cent hot dog weekend in Delta that now should be called "25 cent hot dog weekend" (they were still good, but not as good as a 10 cent-er). Anyway, Morgan got to play with her aunt and uncle a lot while I got to redecorate Shyanne's room. It was fun (thanks Shy!).

For the Easter/Birthday day we had a visit from the Easter Bunny,
and Easter egg hunt (yes, I know that Easter isn't about the pagan stuff, but it's fun)
and Morgan opened presents from my parents and grand parents.
Then we ate strawberry shortcake after lunch and drove to Salt Lake to see Tom's mom and step dad. We had dinner with them and more presents and strawberry shortcake to celebrate Morgan's birthday before we drove the rest of the way home. Here she is wrapping up her new baby.
Last year I planned a big party for Morgan's first birthday and we went all out. This year we didn't even wrap a present. I learned to save it for when she actually cares about a birthday. She had just as much fun, if not more!

3 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

Well I am sure that she really enjoyed her day. She looks like she had a fun birthday! Happy Birthday Morgan!!!

carrie said...

I am in shock, I can't believe she's two! She's so dang cute!

The Parker Family said...

Morgan is so adorable! Happy 2nd birthday Morgan!!