Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Just a Journal Entry

You know, Wilford Woodruff wrote in his journal every day so he would have a record of the proceedings of that day. Inspiring. If I wrote in my journal (blog) every day, I'd lose my readers because one can only read that I exercised, read, watched Finding Nemo, painted a picture frame, made dinner and went to bed so many times. However, I do like to keep a record of the important things in my life, or at least what I think is important. I wanted to jot down a couple of things before I forget.

Sunday the 10th was a special day for us. We made it through the entire sacrament meeting at church without having to leave our bench to take Morgan out. We were that prepared. It's all about bringing books, crayons, water, snacks, and toys. I understand that now! Yeah for this epic milestone!

That same day, Morgan and Tom were playing on the bed. She would prop a pillow up next to him so she couldn't see his face, then she would ask, "where daddy?" This is really the first time she has done it as a game versus really wanting to know where something is. It melted my heart to watch them play.

Last, but not least, for this entry, I wanted to give an update on my new years resolution of reading the Bible cover to cover. Well, I made it to Numbers in February and I'm still in Numbers. Same page. It's a really hard part of the Bible for me to get past. So anyway, I still want to do it, but it's not as easy as I thought it would be. Then I made a new goal after this last General Conference. If you're not from Meridian, Idaho you might not remember but there was an announcement made that there will be a new temple built in Meridian. I'm so excited! Then I realized that I have no right to be so excited if I'm not taking advantage of the Boise temple that is ten minutes away. So I decided that I (accompanied by Tom) will be attending once a month. Not hard, but better than I have been doing. So let it be written...

2 comments:

Ogden Family said...

Good goals... the Bible one sounds super challenging! You can do it! I am so excited for the Meridian temple also. Where could its location be?
Heather

The Parker Family said...

You are amazing you can do it.