Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentines Weekend

We had a cool Valentines weekend and I had a bunch of pictures to post but I just deleted them -- seriously, I'm so mad that I could run a fast 10 miles to get rid of the frustration and I would except Morgan is sick and sleeping right now so I have to just sit here and let it fester.

Anyway, my dad and sister showed up on our doorstep on Thursday night -- awesome surprise! They stayed until Monday. This is where I would put a couple of pictures with them and Morgan, but they are in digital prison now and I can't access that. (Insert cuss word here).

Tom surprised me on Saturday with a Valentines date. We went to the local ski resort and took a sleigh pulled by Clydesdales to a cabin where we were served dinner and entertained.

We used a sugar bullet -- let me explain. As I've posted before, we are not eating sugar. The rules with that are that we don't eat refined sugar but we can have honey (we just don't make sweets with it). And we watch for high fructose corn syrup and try to avoid things that contain it. When we started we gave ourselves 11 sugar bullets for the year. That means that we can have dessert or whatever we want with sugar 11 times this year. So we used one on Valentines day.

Again I would post a bunch of pictures of our date but I don't have them. Just know that I had my hair in two braids and a cute navy blue beanie with light blue flowers.

2 comments:

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

I wish I ran 10 miles every time I was frustrated! Sounds like a fun day! You guys go on such fun dates!

The Knudsen Family said...

That is so fun that your dad and Shyanne showed up. My mom and Erin just did that today so Gary and I could leave tomorrow for our anniversary. And what a fun date. That sounds like such a neat thing to do. I have been wanting to do that up in Park City at a place called Snowed Inn but have yet to do it. I am glad that you guys had a good day.