Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Superbowl and Fire Alarms

We decided to have a small Superbowl party last Sunday with the Brunsons and Ruizes so we invited them to come over around 6:30 to have something to eat and watch the game. What? The game didn't start at 6:30? Oh, that was eastern time? Yeah, so we had everyone over for the last half of the game.

We were going to bar-b-que some brats and burgers. There is a cool grill connection on our stove so we started it up and threw on the meat. A few minutes later our house was filled with smoke. We opened the windows and doors and got the fan out but it was too late. Our smoke alarms all started going off. As soon as I'd turn one off, it would start going again. After about 5 minutes of alarms we were able to get the smoke to subside and turn the alarms off.

It was on my "to do" list to test the smoke alarms. Check! They work.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Okay, that is SO funny! Both things, really. This is one of the first games that I watched (like REALLY watched) from beginning to end . . . all four quarters. And every single time Tyler BBQ's, we end up with at least one smoke alarm going off. It's super annoying.

I'm good. Miserable, but good :) I can't believe how big and absolutely adorable your little Morgan is. I would squeeze her if I could reach :)