Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Weekend in Portland

Last weekend we went to Portland so the boys could do some business. We stayed at my wonderful, generous, fun, happy, organized (and Mari, the list goes on -- I think you're great!) sister-in-law's house and had a nice, relaxing time. The weather was so fantastic -- it was 60+ degrees and sunny! Hey, when you're used to 40 being a nice day, 60 was awesome.

I didn't take any pictures but I wanted to jot down a couple of funny things.

I went for a walk with my niece and her friend. She kept saying "the yellow fire hider" when she meant fire hydrant.

I gave them a piece of gum and her friend asked me what I do when I'm done. Here is the basic conversation:

Me -- I just spit it out.

Hunter -- Oh, I swallow it.

Me -- Oh.

Hunter -- But then I get worried that it will hook onto my lung and something else and pull them together.

Me -- That won't happen. It will just come out in your poop.

Hunter -- Oh.

So, if you ever want me to tell it straight to your kid, send him over. After that my niece asked me how I feed Morgan under the blanket. I was going to tell her but instead I told her to go ask her mom. I have my limits.

2 comments:

Britney said...

Haha! You make me laugh Kelli. I miss you!!

Alyssa said...

YOU WENT TO PORTLAND AND DIDN'T CALL! That's like 20 min away. WHEN ARE YOU COMING AGAIN?!