Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Oregon

Last weekend we visited Tom's sister and her family in Oregon. We left home around 7pm on Thursday, just after Tom got back from Baltimore. It was a long drive of nothingness in the dark until we got to some of the small cities near Portland. Finally we arrived at Mari's around 3am.

Friday we drove to the coast. Morgan saw the ocean for the first time. The weather was so nice. It was only 67 degrees at the coast which was a welcome break from the 95 degrees an hour inland.
On Saturday I got a makeover. I really needed help with my foundation because the colors I have are either too dark or light. I bought some mineral makeup that seems to be my color.

On the way back, we bought a whole lot of fresh, just picked berries so I could make jam. That's what I did for five hours Monday. The end result is delicious!

3 comments:

The Wacky Wilkins said...

Impressive with the jam, Kelli! I had no idea you were so domestic :)

The Knudsen Family said...

That sounds like a fun trip. A break from the heat is always nice. I am also impressed with the jam. It looks so yummy. We will be here that week in Aug. So for sure give me a call so we can get together for a bit.

Nick said...

You're so domesticated...(it's kind of weird).