Monday, June 1, 2009

Yay for Warm Weather and Swimming Pools

Wow, it's been about double Morgan's life since I've updated my blog. We have a few things to acknowledge.

At 3 1/2 weeks Morgan rolled over from her tummy to back. I thought it was a fluke at first, then she did it four more times that week. At 5 weeks she rolled from back to tummy with the exception of an arm that was in the way.

About that time one day she started screaming the painful scream. I picked her up and noticed that she was pulling her own hair. Funny.

At 4 1/2 weeks she smiled at me. It didn't last long and has only happened once since but it was a real smile.

She is now just over 5 weeks old. She does very well keeping eye contact. She has even started to mimic us. If we stick out our tongue she does too.

She loves being held and we love holding her. She was doing alright sleeping in her bassinet (an hour or two at a time), then I realized that she sleeps so much longer if I'm holding her so I gave in the past couple of nights and let her sleep with me. I really kick myself for it afterward because we're regressing. It seems like whenever I put her in her bassinet she starts crying. I read in a book that it is okay to let babies cry for up to 45 minutes so they can get used to going to sleep by themselves. It is so hard for me to listen to her cry so it seems like I give in after about 10 minutes. I would love advice on how anyone got their babies to go to sleep in their own beds. I'm really struggling with it. Any advice on how to get them to sleep through the night is welcome too.

Morgan is usually very alert during the morning and early afternoon. By the time Tom gets home she is usually ready to eat and sleep. I pump and leave a bottle for Tom and I go running. When I get home this is what I often find.

She finally took a binky at 4 weeks. It turns out that we were trying to give her the wrong kind. She really likes the Mum brand. She doesn't keep it in for very long most times but at least she's taking it.

I love this dress. Katie gave it to me for her when I was in Las Vegas in March.
Tom's sister, Mari, and her family visited us a couple weekends ago. Unfortunately this is the only picture I got. Her cousin, Meg, is holding her.
We had our first play date in our back yard a couple of weeks ago. These pictures are from two separate days. I love having the pool because it gives me an excuse to have everyone over during the day.
Collette and Ellie
Carter
Haylen, Bowen and Dallin
This is of them after the pool. They wanted to watch Bolt. It's also a good time for moms to chat.
I tried to protect her from the sun. The "infant sized" hat is a little big.
Last but not least, my weight loss... I went off sugar for a week, then ate some on Memorial day then off again for another 5 days. I weighed myself. I'd maybe lost one pound. One pound! I'm breast feeding for crying out loud. So yesterday I had a sugar binge and have recommitted to my strict Total Health and Fitness nutrition plan (I used to be a diet and exercise consultant and made myself a plan... like I said, it's strict) and I joined an exercise boot camp that starts today and goes all month, 3 times per week. I hope it kicks my butt and helps me lose the gut. I took some pictures but I hate them so much that I won't post them. Maybe when I lose 25 pounds I will do the before/after pictures but I don't want anyone to see me.

6 comments:

brookiebaby said...

Okay, first of all, SUCH a little cutie that you have on your hands! :) Second, Jealous of your pool! :) ha!
third, I HIGHLY recommend "On becoming baby wise"...this book CHANGED my life! After a week of doing it, Cooper was sleeping through the night, and now he's in his own room, and his own bed. (But I have to admit, that for about a month he slept in my bed with me, and I LOVED every minute of it...) Fourth, don't worry about the weight thing, I could NOT lose weight, then after about 1 month and 1/2 or 2 months, it started melting off. I'm not where I want to be, I'm still a few pounds away from my pre-prego weight, but I'm MUCH less than i was! ;) miss ya!

The Knudsen Family said...

I had the same problem with my boys sleeping with me and Gary. Sometimes you just need that sleep. Eventually you just have to let them cry it out though, it is hard to do though. Good Luck. Alot of my friends swear by the Baby Wise bood as well. I didn't really like it though, it was a little to much of a schedule for me and was hard with two. Cute pictures. I am so jealous of your pool. I was just telling Gary I wish we could get one. It has been so hot here and would be so nice to jump into one.
We may be coming home the weekend before fathers day. Are you still going to be there that weekend? Let me know. I hope I can get up and see you and meet your cute little girl.

The Parker Family said...

Hey Kelli
i just let my girls sleep with me until they were about 6 months then moved them into their own rooms and let them cry them selves to sleep. Kiana now sleeps in her own bed.Aelita on the other hand still sleeps with me

Brittney said...

She is soo cute Kelli, I can't wait to meet her! Mason actually slept in his carseat (I'd put a blanket down over the straps)until he was 5 months and McKinley slept in her swing. Both moved just fine to a bed at 5 months but they both slept soooo much better when they were in their carseat or swing and it made my life so much easier! I didn't like the Babywise so much either cause the schedule was just too strict for me. Sadly, I don't lose the baby weight until I'm DONE breastfeeding. It's sad to see all those girls who drops the weight in a few months by breastfeeding, I'm just the opposite! I always get down to the last 10 pounds then don't lose that until I'm done. :( But you still have LOTS of time!! :)

Winters Family said...

Hey Kel:

Um yeah!!! I did the same thing. I was gonna come talk to ya too and you Jennifer Nielson stopped ya. Gosh dang it, guess everyone wants to chat with ya. Your baby is so precious!!! Your hubby did such a great job on her blessing. It was fun to see you guys at church for a few weeks. Take care!
Erin

The Labasan Family said...

I wish I could help you with the sleeping, But Brielle is the worst sleeper, she slep in her crib in her room for months, then once she started sitting up and moving on her own, she quit sleeping well, now she is 13 months and sleeps in her crib next to our bed, ifI move it even a couple feet away its over, we tried crying it out, that accomplished her hating her crib. if you figure it out let me know, I need help myself.