Monday, May 18, 2009

Dear Dairy

One might look at the title to this one and think, "Kelli doesn't know how to spell." Well, that's true, however, I wrote that as a tribute to an assignment I had in elementary school. I must have been in 3rd or 4th grade and our teacher handed out a paper to each student for creative writing. It said, "Dear Diary," and the rest of it was full of lines for each student to write in their diary.

I got the paper and read it... "Dear Dairy..." "That's interesting," I thought. "We didn't go to a dairy but what the heck, I'll write to them and pretend we did and that it was a great experience." So, instead of writing to my diary, I wrote to the dairy. (I excelled in math, okay. Not spelling.)

I really feel like I run a dairy here. Almost every day I hook myself up to the breast pump and sit there while it pumps my milk so I can freeze it for Morgan. Every time Tom walks into the room I beller. Mooooooo!

Here are some pictures of Morgan having tummy time and bath time.



ready to walk

her neck muscles are getting strong

it looks like she's holding her head up with her arm and waiving with the other

Today is the day I turn over a new leaf and start eating healthily. I weighed myself -- 163.3. Twenty five pounds to my skinny jeans. I've started jogging and my mom got me Dance Dance Revolution for my birthday so I can exercise while I'm with Morgan. I'm going to write my progress and post pics like I did while I was pregnant. That way I won't forget my sacrifice (no cookie dough).

4 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

That is such a funny story. Its quite possible that it could have been a trip to the dairy. I was just telling some friends of ours what great field trips we went on in school. I think we went to the cheese factory every year. Cute new pictures. Hope to see you soon and meet that cute little baby.

The Parker Family said...

Morgan is so beautiful Kelli..Hope to see you all soon.

cassee said...

I laughed so hard when I read this. I felt the same way when I was pumping with Brielle. Because of her being a preemie she couldnt BF so I had to pump and bottle feed her. I felt like a milk cow. lol and told Matt as much. We used to joke about it. I now feel much simpathy for dairy cows.

Susanna said...

She's so adorable! Breast feeding is such a love/hate experience. Mommy milk truely is 'white gold':)
PS I LOVE that you used the word "beller"!