Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Utah Trip

It's been a good couple of weeks. We had a family trip to Utah planned for the week before Father's day but Tom got an opportunity to go to a seminar to do some business for his work and flew to Canada with Russell and Garrett until the Sunday before father's day (we were going to leave the Friday before that). I decided that I'd fly to Utah on Wednesday so Morgan and I hopped on a plane and had my mom pick us up. Thanks mom!

Morgan did great on the plane. She slept the whole time. I think the ambient noise was very helpful. I wish we had it at night.

We spent almost a week in Lynndyl with my family. Tom drove from Boise on Sunday and spent a couple of days with my family before we went to Salt Lake to hang out with his.

Both of his brothers, Robb and Adam, and sister, Mari and their families were there. It was a lot of fun except they wanted to start their days at 10am and with Morgan not sleeping all night, it's not a reality for me unless I want to run on 3 or 4 hours of sleep, which I don't. I asked them to go without me one day and I'd catch up but they all just waited for me.

Tom's dad flew in from Green Bay the Friday before Father's day and we spent the weekend with him. It was Tom's first time to see him in a year and they had fun together. Actually, Tom was sick and slept quite a bit of the trip (poor thing) but had a good time never the less.

We blessed Morgan on Father's day. Tom did a fantastic job.

Prior to the blessing, I called Britt and asked her to bring McKinley's blessing dress just in case Morgan had a blow out. Well, Morgan did great throughout the blessing but as soon as she was handed back to me she pooped all over me and her dress. Luckily we were done with the blessing and the dress was chiffon and washed out easily. I took off the cotton slip and put on a onesie and the dress again. Everything looked normal.

I was supposed to get some stuff for the dinner that we were having after church and thought I had everything. My mom and I went over the list right after the blessing and I realized that I forgot the rolls for sandwiches. I ended up breaking the Sabbath and sped to Delta to buy rolls for our bar-b-que turkey sandwiches.

I will have more pictures to post later but those in this entry are courtesy of Mari.

Thanks to everyone who brought food, gifts for Morgan, and support for our baby. Sorry I couldn't have visited friends while we were in Utah. It was a full trip.

2 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

I'm sorry that I didn't get to get up to see you, but it sounds like you were quite busy. I totally get that, usually when we come home we barely have enough time with our families so we rarely see anyone else. I am glad that you had a good trip and hope we can catch up with each other soon. Morgan is getting so big and she is such a cute baby.

brookiebaby said...

Oh, I"m so glad that you got to see your family and that the blessing went well! Doesn't it suck to be so far away from family?? I promise, I totally know how you feel!!! I don't know if I already told you, but I SWEAR by the book, "On becoming baby wise". Within a few weeks of reading the book, Cooper was sleeping all of the way through the night! It honestly changed my life! :) I know that sounds corney and cliche, but I swear by that darn book! I tell EVERY mom I meet! (They should pay me commissions!)
Anyway, I'm so happy Morgan is growing and you guys are doing good!
LOVES!