Tuesday, April 7, 2009

35 Weeks

I saw the doctor today. It was the first appointment that Tom couldn't be there (he had some people fly in for a seminar and had to be there). Anyway, I'm 35 weeks along, have gained 31 pounds (I think), am 60% effaced and dilated to a 1.

Yeah, about being dilated... I always knew that they had to check to see how dilated you are but nobody ever told me how painful that is. So if anyone is reading this that has not had a baby and plans to, I'm telling you now, OUCH! The doctor was checking and I was trying to take the pain, then he said, "okay, now I have to push." Holy cow -- I thought that's what he was already doing. Then he pushed and I wanted an epidural just to be checked.

I tried to take some pictures of my belly this morning but none of them turned out good enough to post so I'll have Tom take some soon.

I've been feeling really well. I even jogged up a hill on Saturday because the weather was nice and I was dying to go jogging. I ended up having to walk super slowly back home but it was worth it. I've been getting up every hour or two to pee and find that I'm parched when I wake up so I drink another glass of water every time. My upper back is starting to hurt from trying to hold up my big belly. Hmm, I think that's about it for my symptoms. I'm not swollen anywhere yet.

Sometimes I can only think of the bad things about being super prego so I decided to do a list of things that I love about it. That way maybe I'll do it again some day.

I love...
1. feeling the baby move around.
2. bonding with the baby.
3. loving something I've never seen so much I'd die for it.
4. bonding with Tom when he gets to have moments with the baby (feeling her move, talking to her, etc.).
5. "expectant mothers" parking at some stores.
6. eating anything I want because I'll have to lose the weight anyway.
7. how nice and willing people are to help.
8. reading brainless books and not feeling like I'm wasting time (because "smart" books are too much).
9. being pampered by my husband.
10. shopping for mini clothes and other baby things.

7 comments:

brookiebaby said...

The sad thing is that the pain of checking gets worse...or atleast it did for me... Especially when you have a nurse with short fingers!!! Ouch! How exciting that you're almost there! Get some sleep now! :)

Susanna said...

Almost there, WooHoo! I'm thinking maybe no one mentions the pain of getting checked because it's so small in comparison...:) I'm excited for you!

Britney said...

Oh, you're almost there! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see pictures of your little bundle of joy when she comes! I hear you on the pain of being checked. It wasn't too bad in the doc office, but in the hospital, I about went through the roof cause the pain was so bad! That's when I opted for an epidural. Hang in there! Delivery is just around the corner!! Good luck!

Robins Family said...

OH my gosh! I was dilated to a one when I went into labor with Haylin! I am so excited for you but don't want you to go early (so stop jogging missy!) I know all about the checking pain,... did you know you are allowed to say bad words when you are pregnant too (actually that got worse for me now that I have kids he he)

Lolo said...

Fun... You are close. I didn't realize it was so soon. I am excited for you. I know you will be a great mom:) and YES, it does hurt, but I think some docs are more gentle than others!

The Parker Family said...

I can't believe it's already almost time for the baby to be here. you'll be an awesome mom Kelli.

carrie said...

That wasn't very painful for me, I guess it depends on the Doctor? Hopefully next time it won't hurt as much. I can't wait to see pictures of this baby!