Sunday, April 19, 2009

April Showers Bring May... Babies

We have such a great group of friends here. Yesterday Collette, Russell and Lindsey threw us a baby shower. Collette knew I didn't want the attention to be focused on me so we had a party where the guys were invited too.

We started out with a competition. The guys had a race to see who could eat a bottle of baby food and down a bottle of juice (through the nipple) first. The winner got a prize. Robbie won and Brandon took second. Tom was a close 3rd (maybe). It was so funny because they didn't get the yummy kinds of baby food like bananas and peach cobbler. They got garden vegetables and chicken and vegetables. They were all really good sports.

Everyone who wanted to got to decorate a onesie, then Tom and I judged them. First and second place got a prize. Tom and I also decorated our own. Tom's is the "Made In Idaho" onesie and mine is the tulips (that's about the extent of my drawing abilities).

The winners are "Mommy I have a present for YOU" and "Got Milk?"

We opened gifts then had Blimpie sandwiches, chips, fruit salad and cookies for lunch. It was so well done. Thanks you guys!

1 comment:

Susanna said...

That sounds like a the funnest baby shower, the guys should always be invited:) I would love to make Jaren eat baby food LOL!