Thursday, March 26, 2009

8th Time's the Charm

So I have some more house news. Today has been a crazy day. I woke up around 3am unable to sleep so I went to the computer and got my landlord license for Provo City so I can legally rent out my house that I haven't been able to sell. I went to work and got called a mean pregnant lady by one of our customers (which was pretty funny). After work Tom and I went to our Labor and Delivery class then got a text from our realtor saying that we got the house we made an offer on a couple of days ago.

The story behind that is that we had a house all ready to rent about ten miles from where we are now. We have been living in a boxed up house waiting for the notice to leave from the bank because this house went to auction last week. Wait, no, we found out that the auction has been postponed until mid April. When we learned that we decided to look at one more house that our realtor emailed to us. It is 3650 sq ft, 5 car garage, .38 acres, and the best part, has a swimming pool! We were amazed at the low price of this bank owned house so we made an offer on it. The bank came back and said that someone else offered and to make our best offer. Well, the same thing happened on house #7 that we tried for so we were feeling like the same thing would happen and the bank would accept the other offer.
So we got the text from Hart that said they accepted our offer and went over to his house after our class and signed the papers to put us under contract.

I'm so excited. Again, this is the 8th house we've tried to buy and I think it is the best investment, not to mention the most fun. I realize it is real estate and the whole deal might not go through, but I don't feel bummed that we got this one (which wasn't the case even when we made offers on a few others). I feel good about it and with my house being rented (knock on wood), we will be saving a few hundred dollars a month more than we have been, even with the mortgage payment.

In other news, I'm 33 and 1/2 weeks along and last Tuesday had gained another 4 pounds for a total of 29 pounds. Morgan (or Lex) seems to be very healthy. I'm so blessed!

5 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

Wow good luck on the house. It looks like it is beautiful. And a swimming pool that would be so nice. I am already wishing we had one here.

Britney said...

It's so nice! congratulations! Best of luck :) Where's it at?

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

It is in Meridian (Idaho), about five miles from Boise.

The Parker Family said...

congratulations Kelli

Alyssa said...

WOW! What a beautiful house! You'll have fun nesting in that baby!