Saturday, April 18, 2009

Tickets and Tulips

Here I am, awake in the middle of the night again. We went to Famous Dave's for dinner and it is taking a while to digest. I probably stuffed too much into a stomach that is already too squished.

We went to our 36 week appointment last Tuesday. Everything is still looking good. I'm dilated to a 2 and 70% effaced, which, I understand, means absolutely nothing.

Here is a picture of me sometime last week (35-36 weeks).

In other news, I got a speeding ticket the last Friday. I was on my way to work Friday (and on time for the first day that week) driving on a 40 MPH road with five lanes... you know, the type that should at least be 50. Anyway, I was going the speed I thought it should be (actually 51) and was the only one within a block. Therefore, the cop pulled me over. I gave him my Utah drivers' license and he gave me a ticket then said, "why don't you have an Idaho license? It's a misdemeanor to not have one." I explained that we don't have an address in Idaho until we close on our house so I can't. Then he told me to "try to have a better day." Thanks bud!

I'm not arguing that I deserve the ticket, I did. I've been speeding every day since we moved here and I finally got one.

When I got to work I called Tom to let him know. I tried to start with the good news that it was only $75 for going 11 over when in Utah it is about double (I think). He was laughing the "I'm a little bummed that the insurance is going to go up" laugh and I started to cry. He felt so bad that he called his mom to ask for advice. She told him to do something to make up for making me feel bad. A couple of hours later I got a bouquet of tulips with a card that read "I found myself speeding to find a way to make you feel better. I hope this is the ticket. Love, Tom." What a sweet heart. It did make me feel better and the clever card made me laugh. Thanks babe!

1 comment:

The Knudsen Family said...

Your looking good. Only 4 more weeks left. That is so exciting. Sorry about the ticket. That is never fun. But that was so sweet of Tom to do that to make you feel better. Those flowers are so pretty.