Monday, March 23, 2009

Our Loan Defaulting Landlord

I got a classic message from our former property management company today. It went along the lines of...

"Hi Kelli. I just wanted to let you know that David Lynch" -- guy who owned the house until the bank took it on March 13th -- "called. He just got back from a three week vacation and was expecting to have thirteen days of rent when he got back. He also wants to talk to you about the refrigerator. Anyway, I didn't give him your number but I gave an email address so he will probably contact you about those things."

What! Really? Gosh I feel like I'm always ripping on people but really, a three week vacation when you don't pay for your house? Really?

Anyway, the property management company told us not to pay for March because of the whole being forced to move thing. We have it in writing so if Mr. Lynch wants to cry about 13 days of rent that he didn't get, I'm up for the fight.

We are currently still in the house but we have another waiting for us to sign the lease on Wednesday. We have looked at well over 100 houses to buy, made offers on 7 and nothing has worked out. We're taking it as an answer to a prayer that now is not the time for us to buy.

No comments: