Monday, January 31, 2011

Jax Zoo

I took M to the zoo today and we had a great time. Actually I think she would have a better time if there was a "bronze" zoo full of statues of the animals. That seems to be what she liked best.
A jaguar pacing behind M.
There were real alligators all aruond here but M liked this one the best.
She made some new friends at the bronze elephants but then popped the boy's balloon so was soon kicked out of the club.

We went on a Monday and the zoo was pretty empty so when I was taking her picture in front of the carousel, the lady running it invited us to ride for free... and you know how I love free.
M's favorite part of the zoo was the play area, more specifically, the slide.

She fell asleep a couple of hours into it and I got to spend some quiet time at the zoo by myself. I decided to walk out on the pier since the zoo had one on the river. There were a bunch of seagulls flying around over my head waiting to pounce, I'm sure, and you know how I like birds (freak me out!), so I quickly left and went to another exhibit.
See this thing that looks like a bush? It's an anteater. I took the picture because I don't ever remember seeing one that looked like this before.

No comments: