Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Utah Again

We decided that we couldn't wait until Christmas to see Morgan's brand new cousin so we headed to Utah for that 7 hour drive last week. We got to spend time with the Nielson's (which means Grandma and Grandpa -- my parents, and Nana and Papa -- Tom's mom and step dad. Yes, they are all Nielson's and it's not illegal because Tom is a Rich).

Morgan got to hold Emery (or Emmie, as she says) for a second. She mostly wanted to touch her face and since we wouldn't let her she decided that playing with Uncle Nick was way more fun.

Delta High had a football game at the U of U so we went to watch them get blown out of the water (what does that saying mean anyway?) by Hurricane. It was like a mini reunion for me because a bunch of my high school friends were there. Yay! Morgan got to hang out with Grandma, Grandpa and Shy and eat churros. She was in football heaven.I had to laugh at the student body, mainly because I know I was the same. It just sounds funny now when the kids are yelling "go big D" and they are 100% serious. And the mascot is a rabbit. Did I ever think that was odd when I was in high school? Nope. I was proud to be part of pretty much the only school in the country that had a rabbit as a mascot. Really? A rabbit? Ha! Who thought of that anyway? (Please, if you're from there don't be offended because I don't mean to hurt anyone... but look at it objectively and you'll understand.)

1 comment:

The Knudsen Family said...

That sounds like a fun trip. It is always fun to see new babies. That will be so fun for Morgan to have a little girl cousin to play with.