Sunday, November 28, 2010

More Morgan

We don't feed her on the floor (usually). This is after she decided to pour herself some cereal.I know I've said it before, but this is my favorite "Morgan" stage. She has started nodding, which is more of a bow with her torso than just a head nod. The nod is always accompanied by a "yeah." She jabbers to everyone like she is telling the most important thing in the world. When people reply with the usual, "oh really?" or "are you serious?" she answers with her nod and "yeah." Today we were at church and she said "hi" to this little boy in the foyer and he asked her what she was eating. She nodded and said, "yeah."

Since Tom has been working from home she has really grown more comfortable with him and wants daddy as much or more than she wants mama. It's nice for me but I have to admit that I like when she wants me.

We're not sure how it happened but Morgan can count to 10. We didn't try to teach her and have narrowed it down to a book she has or a Barney song. The way it works is that one of us will say "one," then she will say "two," then we say "three," then she'll either say "go" or "four." If it's "four," we continue all the way to ten.

She has started throwing tantrums. They aren't bad, but she's pretty sassy once in a while. She pulled my hair one day while we were shopping and I couldn't help but laugh. She doesn't hit very often but she is a pincher and her pinches hurt!

Even though she can be a stinker sometimes, she is usually a sweetheart. She is gentle with babies, loves dogs, and she gives us hugs and kisses. And when I'm pretending to cry, she shares her Binky. She melts my heart.

No comments: