Monday, June 7, 2010

Thank Goodness It's Gone

Four years ago I bought a house in Provo. It has been the house from real estate Hell for a long time. We have been trying to sell it for three years. Finally after thousands of dollars and oodles of stress, it's someone else's!

I found the realtor through Dave Ramsey's website under his endorsed local provider list. I normally don't do this but I am so happy that it is no longer ours that I wrote Dave an email. Here it is...

Hello Dave,

I want to thank you for having endorsed local providers because one of them really helped me and I wouldn't have been able to find him without you.

I purchased a home four years ago in Utah. I was single, had roommates and everything was great. Then I met my husband. When we got married I moved into the house that he owned and put mine up for sale while I continued to have tenants. After a year of no offers, the tenants moved out and we focused on selling it empty. We also changed Realtors on my house, sold his house and moved to Idaho.

This realtor was very negative about the house and couldn't sell it so about six months later we changed Realtors again. That time the realtor was confident but couldn't sell it either.

After another six months and thousands of dollars, we decided to try to rent it out again. The rental company couldn't rent it after six months of trying (although I wonder how hard they tried) so I contacted your ELP, Justin Schauers of Home Basics Real Estate in Utah. He and his company were fantastic!

I hired him in December and he tried to sell the house for a month. When it wasn't getting any bites he asked if I'd like to rent it to someone that his company found. I was so ready to have someone else pay the mortgage and had no confidence that my house would sell so of course I said yes.

The renter was in the house through April until he had some bad luck and had to move out. At that time, Justin suggested putting the house back on the market. I agreed and within a few weeks we had an offer -- the first offer in three years with four Realtors!

We finally closed on it last week and we are that much closer to being debt free! Yeah! Thanks Justin and thanks Dave.

1 comment:

The Kolste Family said...

Congrats on selling your house! Good Luck on the Iron Man! You pretty much rock for doing that! Wasn't JoBecka going to do it with you or am I crazy? I remember when I tested the waters for my triathalon (nothing compared to what you are doing) I totally panicked because it was so stinking cold and I thought the fish were going to get me! There is just something creepy about it! Anyway...good luck!