Sunday, June 6, 2010

I Love You, Mom!

My mom is the best. She planned this trip to Boise for my little sister and some of our cousins that are her age. It was an "out of school" trip and she had planned on taking them ice skating and to Boondocks and letting them swim in our pool, etc. The night before they left she threw her back out but still made the 6 hour drive with 5 little girls. They got here and it rained pretty much every day. The pool was freezing (because there's no way we're paying $500/month to heat it) but they still went ice skating and to Boondocks -- my mom took them even though her back was killing her.

I took her to the chiropractor a couple of times and had a Dr. call in an Rx for her but she finally gave up and asked that we take her home. Today we drove them half way and my aunt met us to take them the rest of the way. My mom felt bad that she had ruined my week or something.

Mom, you are so great. It was fun just to watch Medium with you. You can babysit Morgan next time :) and I bet our pool will be warm. We didn't even mind the little girls (as annoying as they can be) staying with us. They were really wonderful with Morgan. So anyway, don't feel bad. I am actually sorry that I didn't do more to help. I love you!

1 comment:

The Knudsen Family said...

That is too bad that your mom came all the way up there and was in such pain and could not enjoy herself. I hope she is feeling better. Good luck in the ironman. Definetly would not catch me in that cold water. I won't even go in the pool if its not like 90 degrees. Cute pictures at the zoo. I love the picture of Morgan trying to drive the cart or whatever it is. She is too cute.