Wednesday, April 28, 2010

New Callings

Our ward recently was split so they have been redoing a bunch of callings. I was in the young women and Tom was in the primary. We got called in to talk to the second counselor in the bishopric a few weeks ago. The week before we saw the bishop outside of church and told him we would do anything but scouts. When we were with the counselor guess what the calling was... Webelos! Seriously my heart sunk and I was starting to think of ways we could get out of the ward -- that's how much we liked scouts last time. Tom started sweating on his forehead and we were both like, "Um. Huh. Well." Then we started the nervous laugh and I mentioned what we told the bishop the last week. As if on cue, the bishop walked in. The counselor explained what we were talking about and the bishop took one look at us and said, "lets rethink this one." So technically we didn't say no to the calling. I'm just happy that we can now stay in this ward. I really love the people and I love my house. Moving would have been inconvenient.

Our new callings (that we willingly accepted) are young men's secretary for Tom and primary chorister for me. I admit that I'm a little bit nervous, not being musically inclined and all. I start next week and I think it will be fun.

1 comment:

The Knudsen Family said...

Gary has also had callings that have to do with scouts and did not enjoy it. That is good that you got out of it except I think being the primary chorister might be even worse (at least for me, I do not have the patience). Good luck with your new callings.