Tuesday, April 27, 2010

12 Month Stats

Morgan got to go to the doctor yesterday for her year immunizations -- lucky girl. She did really well though and only cried for a minute. She also was weighed and measured. Her stats are:

Weight: 18 lbs 5 oz -- still 10th percentile

Height: 28 inches -- 10%

Head: 46 cm -- 75%

She is growing well and her weight is perfect for her height. I guess she should look like Charlie Brown with a big head but you really can't tell.

She took her first steps yesterday! We were so excited.

She sometimes says "mama" and chants "da-da, da-da," although I wonder if she understands the meaning of the words.

For the past few days she has been talking really fast. It sounds like "tickatickaticka" or "digadigadiga."

When you tell her to say "dad go" she does. She came up with it and I doubt she knows what it means but we play along. We're pretty sure it doesn't mean that daddy left.

She has stopped doing this but a few weeks ago when we'd read her the book "Baby Boo" she would say "jes" or "yeth" after the question, "do you want to play?" It was pretty amazing. She must want to play a lot.

She is sleeping through the night and has been consecutively for about a month. It is so wonderful for us. My midnight swearing has been eliminated!

Morgan will kiss her baby dolls anytime you tell her to but she won't kiss us on demand. Lucky dolls. She's going to be a great mommy.

She has been going to bed with a doll in one arm and a Gloworm in the other. When we check on her later she usually is sleeping on top of the covers away from her toys or with her bum in the air.

I just love this little girl. She has been such a blessing to me. When people ask if I miss her being a new baby I honestly can say that I don't. I have loved every stage and I always love the stage we're in the best.

1 comment:

NickandCarly said...

oh, I can't wait to see you guys! She sounds like she is in a very fun stage. See you soon!