Monday, November 2, 2009

Bluuuuuuh (in Dracula accent)

Have I mentioned that I love hosting parties? Because I do! This is the end result of our JELLO man. Doesn't it look creepy! I couldn't have been more satisfied with how the skin turned out. We made the blood with berry jam. The picture on the right is just after the Baby Ruth was dissected from out of the colon area-- I know it's disgusting... but so great.

The girls that planned the party with me came over to decorate before the party. We put up the tables and chairs, then as part of the party games we put random kitchen items that could be used as bowls, spoons and forks in paper bags so our guests could choose what they would be eating with.

My mom helped me decorate the stairway while she was here. We hung this giant spider from the light. I vehemently dislike spiders and this one creeped me out every day. (Picture below)

When the guests started to arrive, one couple brought this poster of me and two other gals dressed as KISS delivering the invitations. They taped it to the wall in the enterance.

I took Morgan to a babysitter who was also babysitting some of our guests' kids. I told her to call if Morgan wouldn't stop crying. After about 45 minutes I got a phone call and ran and picked her up.

After dinner everyone played Bunco (except me because
I was taking care of Morgan). I had never heard of Bunco until I moved into this ward. I think it it suggested for almost every group activity. Anyway, that's what was played and I think everyone had fun.

At the end of the night everyone voted on their favorite costumes. We took 2nd place! Here are pictures of the guests and their costumes.

Nacho Libre and Sister EncarnaciĆ³n (1st place)

Vampire and Vampiress (2nd place) Pregnant Nun and a Priest Obama and his Nobel Peace Prize (3rd place) Whoopi Goldberg (I think but maybe just a black chick) and King Bling

Holy Sheet and Sheet Head
(I didn't know that is what they were until after the party. At first I thought they were ghosts but now that I know, I think it's way cooler) Lady and Her Cat
Dora and Diego
Ketchup and Mustard

1 comment:

Susanna said...

Wow, what a fun party! Morgan looks so cute in her little bee costume:)