Friday, February 6, 2009

The Best Two Years

Tom and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary this week. We were married on February 2, 2007. I haven't really posted much about our story so I thought this would be a good time to do so.

We met in February of 2006. I had decided to move back to Provo from Salt Lake so I could be around my friends. Jenni got me an interview with the company she would be leaving that summer. It was Tom's second day working at EWI and he was the one who interviewed me.

We got along so well that he tells me he talked to his dad later and asked his opinion on asking me out instead of giving me the job. I think his dad told him not to. I did get the job though and we became best friends.

We dated for a couple of months and I decided I wanted to not be exclusive so we remained friends. In the early fall we booked a trip to cruise the Mediterranean and see Europe. That October (a few weeks before the cruise), Tom was gone for a week and I realized I missed him more than just as a friend. He got home and we went out for sushi at Tsunami in Sandy. We were going to go to the movie after but I asked him if he wanted to go make out (in a totally good Mormon way) instead. He accepted.

Tom proposed to me in a park overlooking the ruins of Malta. Well, that was the actual time I said yes. Really when we got off the ship in Malta we were walking through a dirty alley, probably talking about getting married, and Tom got down on his knee. I looked at him and said something like, "you are not doing it here." Poor thing. The next place he chose was phenomenal.

Our wedding day was my favorite day ever. If you want to see our video, here is the url http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-z8gXBOBMM&feature=channel_page .

These have been the best two years of my life. Thomas, I love you so much. You are everything to me and I am so happy to spend eternity with you.

2 comments:

Britney said...

You two are so cute. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I watched your wedding video...Kelli you are absolutely GORGEOUS! Here's wishing you many more happy years :)

Lolo said...

Cute story! I hadn't heard it before. Hope you guys are doing great and your pregnancy is going well!