Thursday, November 13, 2008

Belly Beats

I want to thank my good friend Tasha for providing me with peace of mind.

Before I was pregnant I didn't realize how much I would worry. Seriously, I worry about the baby a lot. Sometimes there are days when I don't feel it moving so I worry if it's okay or even if it's still alive.

At my last doctor's appointment Dr. West said I could come in and listen to the baby's heart beat anytime I wanted... without an appointment! (He's super cool)

One day at work I had planned on going to the gym to get some exercise during lunch but then I started freaking myself out and decided to drive downtown to the hospital and listen to the heartbeat. It's not that inconvenient but it takes a little more than a lunch hour so I can't do it all the time -- which, knowing me, I would want to do.

I was voicing my concern to Tasha (who is also pregnant, yay!) and she said she had rented and been using a fetal doppler to listen to her baby's heartbeat.

She is a little further along that I am and can feel the baby more so she offered to let me use the doppler because she was going to send it back.

Of course I took her up on that! I can now listen to the baby anytime I want. It has brought a lot of peace to this mama-to-be.

Thanks again Tash! And Belly Beats for the great product.

4 comments:

Jenni B said...

Hey! Congratulations on your EXCITING news! Your blog is so fun - it was fun reading through it.

I love all of the names you picked (the girl AND the boy names)! And that's so cool you can hear the baby's heartbeat anytime you want. I didn't even know those machines were available!

Jenni B said...

No, I don't have a personal blog yet. There's not a whole lot to tell! Are you on Facebook? We could keep in touch through there!

Jeremy Stowell said...

:) You are funny!! I don't think the worrying will ever stop for your little one, even after they are born.

Your going to love it, they are so much fun!

Natalie said...

It's amazing what happens when mommy-ness sets in. You aren't alone in the worrying, friend, and I'd like to say that it eases . . . but welcome to motherhood, friend. It's a good place to be :)