Thursday, October 9, 2008

Big News


Yay! Tom and I are so excited to tell everyone that in 7 months we get to kiss the sweet little face of our baby!

(This isn't our ultrasound pic but it is the same age as our baby now.)

We found out I am pregnant about two weeks before we went to Peru and had our first ultrasound the day after we got back.

We're happy to report that everything is normal and the baby has a healthy heart rate of 170! The doctor said that the old wives tale says that a fast heart rate is indicative of a girl. We'll see. I guess there's a 50% chance.

It was really neat to see the heart beat. I think that was the first time Tom was excited and not just nervous.

I'm doing well -- no vomiting yet (knock on wood). I get a little nauseated, especially when I'm hungry, so I am constantly eating. The smell of food is revolting to me right now. I hear that doesn't change. I guess I'll just stick to Honey Nut Cheerios.

8 comments:

Robb Rich said...

OMG you're pregnant!!!! HOW on earth did that happen?!

Michelle and I are VERY excited for you both, and we can't wait to meet our newest niece/nephew (but more than likely niece).

Start stocking up on sleep now... you will need a good surplus for the next 30 years.

The Knudsen Family said...

Kelli
That is so great. I am so excited for you. Hope things continue to go good. I am glad that you started a blog so I can keep up with what you are up to. These blogs are such a great way to stay in touch with people. Congratulations. Talk to you soon.
Kelly

Angii said...

Wow!!! That is awesome! Congratulations to both of you!!!

The Wacky Wilkins said...

Yay for cute pregnant girls!! I'm so happy for you! And so so happy that you blogged!! Good job, friend!

John, Mica, Jackson, Grace, Kai, and Lucy said...

Congrats you guys! When are you due!? We're due April the 8th! Woo Hoo! They can be friends! :)

Alyssa said...

YEAH! I'm so excited for you guys! And I'm so glad you finally have a blog. I love blogging because I can check up on my friends that I think about all the time- but never have the chance to call and really talk. CONGRATS!

The Kolste Family said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you! Hopefully you don't get very sick!

John, Mica, Jackson, Grace, Kai, and Lucy said...

Congrats my friend! When are you due? We are due in April! yay! It's a boy! Isn't it great!?