Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Strong Heart

We heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time yesterday! It was absolutely amazing and relieving to know that everything is okay. I sort of stress myself out worring. I read too many things on the internet about what can go wrong. I've stopped doing that though.

I think I started to feel the baby last Friday. I know it is super early (12 weeks) but it feels like a little fish swimming around in my belly or like someone let a butterfly loose and it's trying to find its way out. I felt it Friday, then nothing Saturday or Sunday. I started feeling it again Monday and it hasn't stopped for more than a couple of hours. I guess it could be gas or whatever but I've never really felt gas this subtle or this often.

I'd love coments on how early other people have felt their babies. Everything I read says I shouldn't feel it for about 4 more weeks. My doctor said I might feel it earlier because I'm pretty fit. Any thoughts?

On a side note, I was just released from the nursery after 10 months. It was an okay calling but I didn't get to know anyone in our ward. We've only been in it for 10 months. I just got called as the young women's girls camp coordinator for our ward to the stake. I'm not sure the exact name of my calling but I'm super stoked! I am also supposed to help with personal progress. I'm going to the combined activity tonight to carve pumpkins... well, I'll probably watch them. Tom and I have a pumpkin carving date tomorrow night.

4 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

For me, I believe it was nine months when I first felt my babies.
-Gary :)

Lolo said...

Kelli, I didn't know you had a blog... or that you are expecting! Congrats. I am so excited for you. I first felt my babies around 15 weeks-ish. I have heard of people who can feel theirs early though. That's cool:) Hope you are doing well. Are you sick?

NickandCarly said...

That's cool that you can feel your baby moving!I'm jealous that you got a new calling, especially to the young womens. We've been in Nursery for a year and will probably be there for a long time. It's fun, but we could use a change. How are you feeling?

carrie said...

Yay! Kelli, I am so happy/excited for you, congrats on the baby! I am also really excited you have a blog, I just read the entire thing, and it is so fun to read about your traveling adventures, and it makes me excited to travel.....someday!!!! as for the baby thing, I didn't know what it felt like with Lola, so I didn't think I felt her move until like 18 weeks, but with Ray it was more like 14 weeks, but that is relly early. It is so fun when they start moving all the time. I loved being pregnant the first time, it was so fun and new and I felt so good. The second time, not as good and not as new, but the end result was just as exciting! I can't wait to hear more about your pregnancy. Are you going to find out what you are having? Take care!