Wednesday, October 1, 2008

God Bless America

Okay, I started a blog before but didn't quite finish an entry so here I go again...

Yesterday Tom and I got back from a 12 day vacation in Peru. We hiked to Machu Picchu, rode horses, and a bunch of other stuff I'll maybe talk about when I upload some pictures.

It was a great experience and with the American economy stuff going on right now I am a firm believer that anybody whining about how freaked out they are should go spend a week in a 3rd world country. We saw a lot of people who don't have more than an adobe shack, a vegetable garden and a donkey... don't even mention a car.

Actually, we rarely saw anyone with a car (besides a taxi driver) and when we did, it was usually a 1980's American reject car that most people here would be embarrassed to drive. Oh, and by the way, gas was 15 soles a gallon, which equals 5 American dollars.

Anyway, I am so glad to be back in this amazing, wonderful country where I can open my mouth in the shower and not worry about getting a parasite, go to work in an air conditioned cushy job, and return home to my 3 bed 3 bath house where I can flush toilet paper in the toilet and drink a glass of water out of the tap.

I Love America!!!

Pictures coming soon.

1 comment:

The Wacky Wilkins said...

You are hilarious and you absolutely need pics on here so I can see your cute faces :)